Sunday, May 22, 2011

can't sleep

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. ~William Dement


a friend sent me this quote. it's a good one and tonight because i once again find myself unable to sleep this quote hits home. i like sleeping. let me fine tune that- i like dreaming. some people can't remember their dreams. i do. and tonight i can't turn off my brain and i really want to sleep- perchance to dream....

when i was younger i used to tell myself stories after the lights went out so i could fall asleep. when you share a room with a sibling keeping a light on and reading all night is not an option.

have you ever had a dream that was so real that when you woke up you were not sure what was real and was the dream? those are the best ones. or the dreams where you are flying? soaring above the ground like a kite- diving and swooping? my favorite dream is the garden. i don't remember much about it but the garden is a comforting and safe place. and when i wake up from that dream i feel a sense of loss and i want to go back there.

No comments: