Thursday, October 7, 2010

number blind

math is one of those areas of life that i have a very hard time with. it makes no sense to me. in math you are either right or wrong unless of course you are working with negative numbers an unknown variables and all that other hocus pocus math jumble in which case you are wrong until you can prove you are right but if don't prove it EXACTLY the way your teacher wants it you will be wrong AND you must show your work....it didn't help that I had this math teacher in 6th grade who thought humiliating me in front of the entire class was good teaching - i equate math with stress and degredation

                              i grew up with math being explained to me like in the video. confusing huh?

i have a friend who is color blind
i can't imagine it-
once in awhile we'll be out somewhere and i'll say -
tell me what you see!?!
describe the colors to me
it's difficult
i wish i had a pair of glasses that i could put on
so i could see colors the way he sees colors
i guess it's sorta like the way i see numbers
when i look at numbers i SEE them
i KNOW they are numbers
i just can't seem to get them to make any sense
so maybe i can imagine it
he is color blind
and I guess that makes me - number blind

No comments: